Want to save money on the cost of your heating oil?
Previously known as Suffolk ACRE Community Buying Ltd, Community Buying at CAS Ltd as it is now known is a social enterprise that will reduce the cost of your heating oil each time you place an order.
All you need to do to take advantage of the scheme is to pay an annual membership fee, which will cover as many oil orders as you need during the course of the year.
What’s the snag?
There isn’t one. The scheme is being promoted by Community Action Suffolk, which is a new charity formed from the merger of 10 local charities, each with a long established and well respected track record in Suffolk (www.communityactionsuffolk.org.uk).
By bringing communities throughout Suffolk together and making the most of joint buying power, we can make savings and pass them directly to people like you whose fuel costs are high simply because you use oil-fired central heating. It also saves you the time and hassle of telephoning round various suppliers to get quotes.
The environment benefits:
Every time a tanker comes out to make a delivery, it is using a lot of diesel – a full tanker can get as little as a horrifying 8 miles per gallon. If deliveries are organised so that one tanker delivers to several customers in a village instead of making lots of individual deliveries, the fuel consumption is reduced and so is the traffic in the village.
How the scheme works – 5 easy steps to cheaper heating oil
- Contact your local co-ordinator and let them know how much oil you want to order. Please allow up to a maximum of two weeks for delivery of oil from the bulk oil order deadline date. (In most cases delivery will be sooner, usually within 5 working days).
- Twice a month your co-ordinator lets us know the total oil needed from your area.
- At the end of each period, the bulk oil purchase is negotiated by our oil buyer.
- We then tell your co-ordinator when to expect delivery and how much it will cost, and he or she passes the information on to you.
- If you have completed and returned your Direct Debit Form, that’s it. Your oil will be delivered and you will be sent an invoice for the exact amount of oil you have had delivered. Payment will be drawn from your bank account around 21 days from the invoice date. You will only be contacted by the supplier if you have requested to be contacted prior to delivery.
Don’t delay join now
Two-weekly bulk oil order prices for those who ordered in late March:
The 20th March 2015 Deadline for the Bulk Oil Order Negotiations achieved the following price:
Highest price quoted by a supplier: 45.35 pence per litre
Average price quoted by suppliers: 40.46 pence per litre
Member price (kerosene): 37.57 pence per litre
(VAT of 5% must be added to all prices shown)
Click here to find advice from Suffolk Constabulary on how to secure your heating oil.
Get To Know Your Oil Tank
Click here to find useful advice and information on your oil tank – A guide to looking after an oil storage tank and avoiding pollution.
Bulk oil ordering dates
Next oil order deadlines are
12 noon on:
10th April 2015 for postal orders and 12th April 2015 for Website Orders
24th April 2015 for postal orders and 26th April 2015 for Website Orders
8th May 2015 for postal orders and 10th May 2015 for Website Orders
Please note these are firm deadlines
Future Buying Dates to download or print