Want to save money on the cost of your heating oil?
Community Buying at CAS Ltd is a social enterprise that will reduce the cost of your heating oil each time you place an order. All you need to do to take advantage of the scheme is to pay an annual membership fee, which will cover as many oil orders as you need during the course of the year.
As a subsidiary of Community Action Suffolk (CAS) (which provides guidance and services to the voluntary and community sector throughout Suffolk), in the event of any surplus being made by the scheme, this will go back into the charitable work that Community Action Suffolk does with the communities and voluntary sector groups across the county.
What’s the snag?
There isn’t one. The scheme is promoted by Community Action Suffolk, which formed originally from the merger of 10 local charities, each with a long established and well respected track record in Suffolk (www.communityactionsuffolk.org.uk).
By bringing communities throughout Suffolk together and making the most of joint buying power, we can make savings and pass them directly to people like you whose fuel costs are high simply because you use oil-fired central heating. It also saves you the time and hassle of telephoning round various suppliers to get quotes.
The environment benefits:
Every time a tanker comes out to make a delivery, it is using a lot of diesel – a full tanker can get as little as a horrifying 8 miles per gallon. If deliveries are organised so that one tanker delivers to several customers in a village instead of making lots of individual deliveries, the fuel consumption is reduced and so is the traffic in the village.
How the scheme works – 5 easy steps to cheaper heating oil
- Contact your local co-ordinator and let them know how much oil you want to order. Please allow up to a maximum of two weeks for delivery of oil from the bulk oil order deadline date. (In most cases delivery will be sooner, usually within 5 working days).
- Twice a month your co-ordinator lets us know the total oil needed from your area.
- At the end of each period, the bulk oil purchase is negotiated by our oil buyer.
- We then tell your co-ordinator when to expect delivery and how much it will cost, and he or she passes the information on to you.
- If you have completed and returned your Direct Debit Form, that’s it. Your oil will be delivered and you will be sent an invoice for the exact amount of oil you have had delivered. Payment will be drawn from your bank account on or shortly after the 24th of the month following the invoice date. A statement will also be sent to the email address provided.
Don’t delay join now
Bulk oil order prices for members who ordered in Mid April:
The 15th April 2016 Deadline for the Bulk Oil Order Negotiations achieved the following price:
Highest price quoted by a supplier: 33.73 pence per litre
Average price quoted by suppliers: 31.50 pence per litre
Member price (kerosene): 27.85 pence per litre
(VAT of 5% must be added to all prices shown)
Please click on the chart to enlarge it
Click here to find advice from Suffolk Constabulary on how to secure your heating oil.
Get To Know Your Oil Tank
Click here to find useful advice and information on your oil tank – A guide to looking after an oil storage tank and avoiding pollution.
Bulk oil ordering dates
Next oil order deadlines are
12 noon on:
3rd June 2016 for postal orders and 5th June 2016 for Website Orders
17th June 2016 for postal orders and 19th June for Website Orders
1st July 2016 for postal orders and 3rd July for Website Orders
Please note these are firm deadlines
Future Buying Dates
to download or print